Since 2005, O.N. Site Construction Inc., a medium sized, service oriented company, has worked hard to build a reputation on quality workmanship and unprecedented customer service in the general contracting and project management field. We provide national coverage with active construction projects across the GTA, Northern Ontario, Manitoba, BC and Alberta. Our commercial projects range from smaller interior renovations to complex multi-million dollar projects.
At each service level, we employ staff who are expertly trained, highly skilled, and completely committed to surpassing clients’ expectations. Here at O.N. Site Construction, we have great opportunities for Site Supervisors who have mastered a few key skills and are able to demonstrate their expertise onsite.
As a Site Superintendent, you will typically be the first line of client engagement, acting as our customer service representative. You will be exposed to interesting and complex projects within the commercial and industrial sectors across Canada, will work with a highly qualified and collaborative team, and will also get the chance to develop your career in a well-rounded, progressive company.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Site Superintendent for medium size, multi-trade, commercial industrial renovation or interior fit-out projects ranging from $200K to $5 million. If you carry the following attributes and are ready to join a close-knit team of highly-qualified professionals, then we look forward to meeting with you.
Site Superintendent Position Overview:
- Work with collaborative, experienced construction professionals serving established brand clients
- Be part of a growing company that values and recognizes the contribution of their employees.
- Be a part of a company with a commitment to quality that is reflected in the work it does, demonstrated in the way it treats its customers, and is evident in the clients that it has.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of construction supervision experience required
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Architectural Science or Engineering is preferred
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends at times
- Willingness to work on out-of-Province projects on occasion is a bonus
- Must have a valid driver’s license, is legally entitled to drive in Canada, and must have access to a vehicle to travel to and from jobsites
- Must be able to read and thoroughly understand architectural and mechanical drawings
- Monitor and enforce WSIB compliance
- Must have current knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health & Safety regulations and legislations
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and hardworking
- Independent and proficient in problem resolution
- Detail oriented
- Must have basic computer skills
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, sub trades, designers and clients
- A working supervisor who can coordinate professional trade contractors on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain and monitor daily progress of the construction schedule to ensure project is completed within client’s timelines
- Able to visualize the entire project and anticipate issues and embed solutions in the plans / schedules
- Inspect trade contractor work to ensure it meets established performance and quality standards, and ensure the quality of work is something you are proud of
- Supervision of the full construction duties as assigned for each project including:
- reading of architectural and mechanical drawings
- communication with trades on change order requests
- communication with Project Manager on issues and progress
- communication with client
- responsible for site safety and for enforcing Ministry of Labour regulations and O.N. Site Construction Safety Policy
- perform hands-on demolition, carpentry, general construction support if required
- manage the overall worksite to ensure cleanliness, appearance and safety of the site
- Role reports to Senior Management
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and/or cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org